Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I can change the world, with my own two hands


I can make peace on earth
With my own two hands
I can clean up the earth
With my own two hands
I can reach out to you
With my own two hands
With my own
With my own two hands
I'm going to make it a brighter place
With my own two hands
I'm going to make it a safer place
With my own two hands
I'm going to help the human race
With my own two hands
- Ben Harper

It's always so beautiful to see how our community, our country, our fellow mankind help each other when tragedy strikes on such an enormous capacity.
The way Australians have been helping each other in any little way possible makes me so proud. It's going to be a long term battle, cleaning, patching up and restoring parts of our lovely country.

Some of the ways everyone can help are:
- Register at Volunteering Qld, you can let them know times you are available and what you can do. Or just show up to one of the volunteering points, any random place that looks like it needs help!
- Donate to the Premiers disaster relief appeal or Red Cross
- Bake snacks, meals, anything at all and take it down to volunteers, drop if off at an SES point, police, fire or ambulance station, or check in at Baked Relief to see where they may recommend needs some help!
- It's a good chance to go through and spring clean, any clothes, books, toys, food, household items and drop them off at your local Salvation Army or Life Line store, bin, drop off centre.

I hope this message finds you, your family, friends and neighbours all safe, healthy and dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment