Thursday, March 11, 2010

i can read you, you're my favorite book


How I know your face, all the ways you move, you come in,
I can read you, you're my favorite book
all the things you say, the way you shift your eyes
I never knew there was someone to make me come alive - Stars

The heart shape in the book has been done a thousand times.
But, the thing I like with photography with every shot taken that may have already been done before, every different photo is taken by a different person. A different look on it. A different meaning for them.

I had my go at the heart shape in the book for 'roid week last year. I tried it with my SX70 and some TZ film. I love the way the film gave it softer tones which was perfect for the sentiment I felt behind one of my favourite Stars songs and the subject.

This polaroid is featured in a few groups on flickr and I was recently asked to add it to the i {heart} books group. In this group is the same shot repeated but with each individual photographer is a personal interpretation using many different views and techniques. Which is what is so wonderful about flickr. The sharing of the wonderful, unique interpretations of life from everywhere.
Thanks to Lis for including me =)

xx Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment